Shield motorhome insurance provides great value cover to protect your motorhome. We offer discounts of up to 60% and our team of experts can help you find the right cover for your needs. If you’re a motorhome owner, applying as a main policyholder, aged between 25 and 80, in employment or retired, and have held a full driving licence for at least 12 months, then get an online quote with Shield today!
Comprehensive motorhome cover from just 60p a day
As leisure vehicle specialists, we provide quality insurance for motorhomes, campervans and American RVs. Our motorhome policies start from just £160 for Third Party Fire and Theft, and £203 for Fully Comprehensive cover. Get an online quote today and you could be covered for as little as 60p per day*.
*The premium indication is pro-rata based upon annual minimum premium paid in 10 equal instalments subject to an interest charge of 7.5% (21.6% APR).
Third party fire and theft insurance protects you against any third party injury or property damage claims made against you as a result of having an accident, and covers you against loss or damage to your motorhome if it is stolen or set on fire.
Our fully comprehensive motorhome insurance covers you for claims made by other people (including passengers) for injury to them or damage to their property. This policy also protects your motorhome against loss or damage caused by vandalism, fire, lightning, theft, self-ignition and explosion.
Significant motorhome insurance policy benefits include:
- Cover for motorhomes up to 25 years old
- Replacement cover up to 36 months from new
- Up to £5,000 personal belongings cover
- Policies adaptable to your needs
- European cover for your motorhome up to 240 days
Specialist self build motorhome insurance
It's important to find a specialist insurance company that has the experience, knowledge and understanding of the detailed steps and time involved to successfully complete such a DIY self-build motorhome project. Shield Total Insurance is recognised throughout the outdoor leisure industry for our great insurance deals on camper vans, coach built motorhomes and professionally converted panel vans. We’ll insure your panel van as a motorhome from the start of the policy, so you won’t get a nasty shock for expensive engineer reports when the conversion is completed. Click here to get your self-build motorhome insurance quote.
Enhance your motorhome insurance policy
Based on feedback from our motorhome insurance customers, we now offer a wide range of optional extra cover:
- Multi-trip UK & European motorhome breakdown rescue cover from only £79 per year: Indispensable cover when you travel to Europe!
- Motor legal expenses cover: Accidents can happen, but you should protect your legal rights. If you’re the innocent party in an accident involving your motorhome, this cover will help recover your losses (e.g. loss of earnings following personal injury) from the person who caused the accident.
- Key protection cover: Our experience suggests it can cost up to £600 to install new locks on your motorhome. So why not avoid this with our motorhome key cover? For as little as £11 per year you’ll get a Shield “tag” which has been designed to protect your keys should they get lost, stolen or broken. The tag has a unique reference number and comes with a £10 reward for the finder if your keys are found.
What to look for in a motorhome insurance policy
- When comparing motorhome insurance companies, choose a provider that operates electronic data transferral, provides instant cover online and offers a variety of payment methods.
- Whether your motorhome is factory produced or a home conversion, it’s important to have an insurance policy in place that recognises all the fixtures and fittings so that if they are damaged, you are fully reimbursed.
- Cheap motorhome insurance policies often don’t provide sufficient contents cover for your motorhome awning and equipment, leaving you personally responsible for a large bill if they need replacing.
- Windscreen cover should include broken glass in the side windows and any scratched bodywork caused by the broken glass, and have the option of repair being carried out at home.
- In the event of a breakdown, roadside assistance is an enormous relief. Check that your motorhome breakdown insurance extends to the EU, and that there are no hidden restrictions for travelling.