Folding caravan insurance
GOBUR, PENNINE, ESTEREL & RAPIDO owners
Save BIG on your folding caravan insurance
- Cover whatever the age, make or model
- Up to 10 years "New for Old" cover
- Discounts available of up to 60%
- 5% discount for storing in a locked garage
Award-winning cover from just £48
When looking for cheaper folding caravan insurance it pays to use the services of a specialist caravan insurance provider such as Shield. We readily understand the subtle differences between a trailer tent, folding camper, folding caravan (or “folding compact caravan” as the Pennine Group call it) and a conventional touring caravan.
Great value folding caravan insurance from just £48
Folding caravans (with their “fold away” solid rigid roof and sides) offer a number of significant advantages over the traditional tourer. The fold down caravan’s lower height and profile allows for greater visibility and can be easier to tow or manoeuvre, whilst permitting secure, overnight, storage (in a domestic garage).
The lighter caravan weight and reduced fuel consumption will no doubt appeal to the discerning caravanner who is looking to downsize to a smaller tow car (and also save on their folding caravan insurance - with Shield’s great value, low cost cover from only £48).
The build quality by the two British folding caravan manufacturers in this niche caravan market sector (Gobur and Pennine), is good with both providing well finished products.
- Gobur Caravans of Melton Constable in Norfolk, have been making folding caravans since the early 1970s with its Gobur Govan (that’s “Go-van” rather than the Glasgow town popularised in the BBC2 sitcom, Rab C. Nesbitt). The current Gobur Carousel folding caravan model line up includes the Slimline, Standard Width and Clubman.
- The Pennine Group from Accrington in Lancashire, are renowned for making quality folding campers such as the Conway Crusader (this won the Caravan Club’s “lightweight leisure trailer award” for 2013 models). Their Pennine Artemis folding caravan (first launched at the Birmingham NEC Show in October, 2011) offers a fixed bed design.
Of the historical caravan manufacturers you may come across, two are French makes:
- Esterel folding caravan (founded in 1959) with such model ranges including the Esterel Caramatic, Supermatic, Export Super, Sillage, Primatic and Top Volume.
- Rapido folding caravan and their Export-matic, Confort-matic, Record, Orline, Club and Randonneur.
(You can still find the occasional foreign, folding caravan make on used forecourts).
Why not get an online folding caravan insurance quote today and see just how much you could save.
Related products and offers
We deal with a panel of reputable car insurers to offer you affordable cover. See how much you could save.
You're home and dry with Shield. You can be sure of competitive home and contents cover.
Whatever your needs, we have a product to suit. We are specialists in pre-existing medical conditions.