It pays to be properly protected by a specialist provider of caravan insurance, like Shield Total Insurance. Our team of expert advisors has been helping people just like you arrange their caravan insurance for over 15 years. We understand the specific requirements of the caravanning community and possible claims scenarios, so can tailor our products to offer a wide range of flexible cover options and excellent value for money.
We understand that looking for caravan insurance online can be confusing, so we aim to make it as quick and easy as possible for our customers to get a quote. Our UK-based team of dedicated customer service professionals are on hand to offer clear, jargon-free and friendly advice to help you get the best possible cover for your static or touring caravan.
Award-winning touring caravan insurance from just £50
Our touring caravan policies start at £50 and include flexible cover options to suit your caravanning needs. We have a range of covers available including new for old for up to 10 years, market value, and our ‘new’ class-leading guaranteed value cover. With a range of premium security and safety discounts of up to 60%, our touring caravan insurance quotes are some of the most competitive in the market. Get an online quote today and see how much you could save.
Significant touring caravan insurance policy benefits include:
- Award-winning cover – 5 Star Rating from independent researcher Defaqto
- Flexible products so you can tailor the benefits to fit your needs
- Up to 365 days European cover
- Vehicle repatriation
- Driver injury/illness
- Friends and family cover
- Zero excess for theft of caravan (if certain safety and security measures are observed)
- No claims bonus protection available
- Awning cover
- £50 pup tent cover
- £500 pet injury cover - veterinary fees for treatment for an external injury whilst away in your caravan
Flexible static caravan insurance starting at just £81
Our static caravan policies start at £81 with flexible cover options and are intended for caravan holiday homes, park homes, lodges, chalets and log cabins. We understand that the contents of your static caravan are just as important to you as the structure and surroundings, so our policies include cover against theft, fire, lightning, subsidence, heave, landslip and accidental damage to underground services. Shield’s static caravan insurance gives you peace of mind to enjoy your time, knowing that your holiday home, as well as the people and property inside it, are safe from a variety of hazards.
The features of our static caravan insurance policy include:
- New for old cover available for up to 20 years
- Flexible product so you can tailor the benefits to fit your needs
- Includes cover for ancillary domestic outbuildings, fixed storage chests, steps, balconies, patios, skirting and flotation devices
- Cover for debris removal
- Cover for accidental damage available
- Up to £5million public liability cover
- Up to £50,000 personal accident cover
Get extra protection for your caravan
Shield Total Insurance also offers a range of add-ons to help you recover losses that may not be covered by your existing caravan insurance policy. These additional benefits have been specially designed with caravanners in mind, to help protects your legal rights or look after you should any of your keys be lost, stolen or broken.
- Legal expenses: We’re pleased to offer our competitively priced “Legal Expenses” policy for only £13 per annum to our touring caravan insurance customers and £17.50 per annum for static caravan owners.
- Key protection cover: Our key protection cover is available for both touring caravan insurance customers and static caravan insurancecustomers from just £11 per annum. This cover is specially designed to look after you should any of your keys be lost, stolen or broken. You’ll receive a high-quality key fob with a unique reference number and the offer of a £10 reward to the finder if your keys are found.
Why do I need caravan insurance?
Although it’s not compulsory by law to have caravan insurance to keep or use a touring caravan in the UK, even the most careful owner can encounter an unexpected accident, often through no fault of their own, leaving them exposed to substantial repair or replacement costs and emotional distress.
Hardy caravanners are used to braving the changeable British weather, but floods, high winds, storms and heavy snowfall can cause significant and lasting damage to your caravan. The caravanning community is also especially vulnerable to theft, with most caravans containing expensive equipment and fittings. Most caravan insurance claims relating to road accidents are the result of snaking and crashing, or instances where caravans have become detached from the towing vehicle.
Did you know that 1 in 20 caravanners found cause to claim on their caravan insurance policy? The average caravan claims cost is equal to 16 times the annual caravan insurance premium, so taking out quality cover is a cost effective way to protect your investment.
What to look for in a caravan insurance policy
When looking for cheap caravan insurance online, it’s all too easy to be lured in by a low price tag, but if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is. Only specialist insurers fully understand how caravanners use their product, and tailor their policies to suit such use. When buying insurance for your caravan, be sure to check the basis of cover and watch out for hidden policy excesses.
It’s important to check you have the appropriate cover in place, as your car insurance will not cover the cost of repairing or replacing your caravan and its contents. It’s illegal to tow a caravan in some European countries unless you have bought caravan insurance, so having the flexibility to adjust the continental cover, personal accident and public liability to suit your needs is also important. Whether you have a caravan, touring caravan, static caravan or even a folding caravan, Shield can help find you the best possible insurance policy to meet your needs.