New Green Card Requirements

How to request a Motorhome, Campervan or Car Green Card for your 2021 trip to Europe

Request a Green Card

Green Cards

Due to Brexit, from 1st January 2021 you will need a Green Card to take a vehicle into Europe. We’re sure that many of you are excited about the prospect of getting your vehicles back on the road as soon as possible, so here’s a summary of what you need to know and how to request a Green Card.

What Do You Need to Know About Green Cards?

  • A Green Card is a printed document that demonstrates that you have insurance in place for driving (and towing) a vehicle in the EU.
  • You need a Green Card that covers the duration of your trip. If your insurance is due for renewal while you are planning to be in Europe, you may need to arrange your renewal before you leave the UK.
  • The Green Card needs to be printed out (not digital) and can be printed both sides on to white paper (it doesn’t need to be green paper).
  • If you make any changes to your policy, it is likely that you will need to request a new Green Card.
  • If you know you’re planning to drive in Europe in 2021, then you can request your Green Card now – there’s no need to leave it closer to the time.
  • You will need to take your driving licence, log book V5C and insurance documents with you, as well as an International Driving PermitClick here for more information.
  • You will need a GB sticker for your vehicle.

Motorhome, Campervan and Car Customers:



Request a green card



Will you be towing a unit?

If  you will be towing a caravan or registered trailer, please let us know when you request a Green Card, as we will need to issue a second Green Card for your caravan/trailer.


Caravan/ Trailer Insurance Customers:

If we insure your caravan or registered trailer and you want to take it to the EU, you will need to request a separate Green Card for this unit from the insurer of the towing vehicle (as the caravan/trailer is seen as an extension of that vehicle). The insurer of your towing vehicle will issue you 2 Green Cards (one for the towing vehicle and one for the caravan/trailer).

Further Questions?

If you have any queries about Green Cards and the changes to the rules to driving in Europe, please take a look at our FAQs.

Latest on the blog

motorhome adventure
The Complete Guide To The Motorhome Adventure

The beautiful scenery, fresh air, nature, and memories like no other are just some things that come to mind when planning a motorhome holiday adventure. Whether you’re travelling a short distance, it might be the…

Read More
campervan insurance
How Much Does Campervan Insurance Cost?

Campervan Insurance is easier to get than ever before. From comprehensive coverage to fire and theft, the right insurance provider makes all of the difference in a time of emergency. Shopping for a campervan, or…

Read More