Significant touring caravan insurance policy benefits include:
- Award-winning cover – 5 Star Rating from independent researcher Defaqto
- Flexible products so you can tailor the benefits to fit your needs
- Up to 365 days European cover
- Vehicle repatriation - the cost of delivering the caravan from the repairers to the normal place of storage as shown in the Evidence of Insurance or your reasonable fuel costs to perform the same delivery.
- Driver injury / illness - if the sole driver of the towing vehicle is injured or becomes unwell whilst on holiday and nobody is able to take over, the policy will cover the cost of a standard class rail fare for the driver to return home and the reasonable cost of returning your caravan to its normal place of storage and the towing car to your home.
- Friends and family cover
- Zero excess for theft of caravan (if certain safety and security measures are observed)
- No claims bonus protection available
- Awning cover
- £50 pup tent cover
- £500 pet injury cover - veterinary fees for treatment of an external injury whilst away in your caravan
Enhance your touring caravan insurance policy
You can also choose from a selection of available add-on extras to further customise your touring caravan insurance cover. These include legal cover, which gives you access to private legal advice 24 hours a day, as well as key protection.
- Touring caravan legal expenses: This great-value optional cover protects your legal rights and helps you recover losses that may not be covered by your caravan policy, and costs just £13 per annum for our touring caravan insurance customers.
- Key protection cover: We are pleased to offer our key protection cover for only £11.00 per annum to our touring caravan insurance customers, to look after you should any of your keys be lost, stolen or broken. You’ll get a high quality key fob that includes the offer of a £10 reward to the finder if your keys are found, alongside a unique reference number.
- Breakdown cover: For just £42.00 our caravan breakdown product is available to all of our touring caravan insurance customers, providing specialist breakdown cover for your towing vehicle.
Which type of touring caravan insurance should I choose?
With a wide range of policies, options and add-ons available your touring caravan insurance from Shield can be adapted to suit your individual caravanning needs. We offer insurance policies that cover a wide range of caravans including single axle, twin axle, British and Continental style caravans. We even provide cover for caravans of any age, with policies starting at just £50 for residents of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Here are Shield we believe in offering high quality cover, to make sure that your touring caravan is properly protected should the worst happen. Unlike some other touring caravan insurance providers, we don't believe in penalising you with a limited choice of options. We therefore offer three types of cover:
- New for old (also known as reinstatement) This gives you cover for a like-for-like replacement caravan (or the closest available match); up to the value of the sum insured you have bought; in the event of a total loss e.g. an unrecoverable theft or irreparable accident.
- Market value (also known as indemnity) Your touring caravan insurance will cover the cost of an equivalent caravan, taking account of its age and condition.
- Agreed value (also known as guaranteed value) Assuming you are in possession of a receipt or proof of purchase from a recognised UK dealer that is less than 7 years old, we can agree to insure it for the amount shown in your Evidence of Insurance (provided the sum insured is no more than the price you paid for the touring caravan).