Park home insurance - hints and tips
You need to know that you have the right policy for all your park home insurance needs and feel satisfied your park home is in safe hands if things go wrong. All our park home claims are handled in house by an experienced and specially trained team and there is a 24/7 claims notification line available to all policyholders.
- Is the insurance cover on a market value or new for old basis?
- What is the policy excess for the structure and the contents?
- Are you covered for debris removal and the re-siting costs?
- Is your sum insured sufficient to include any sales commission required by your park owner ? (This can add more than 30% to the manufacturer’s price).
- Make sure your single article limit and contents cover are sufficient.
- Is your sum insured enough for extras such as decking, balcony steps & storage units ?
- Pay particular attention to the occupancy period, when you need to ensure the water systems are fully drained and turned off at the mains or the heating is left on a minimum or frost setting.
- When comparing policies look at the extras that may be included. (We offer loss of key cover, loss of use and personal accident cover – all included as standard).
- Is your public liability cover sufficient to meet the needs of the park ? (We can provide up to £5 Million cover where required).
- Check if your site or park has a history of flooding and see what action has been taken to reduce the likelihood of damage to your park home. (We are happy to offer full flood cover in most cases where a floatation device has been installed).
Finally, don’t feel pressurised into buying your park home insurance through your park owner.
Latest Information2015 Road Safety Survey: Are Caravan...
Many road users have a tendency to overestimate the safety of...
I wish they all could be California….
With around 600 caravans stolen in 2013 in the UK alone, it’s...
Making sure you have all the essential accessories will...
Our caravan tips section offers practical advice and useful...
Preparing your caravan for winter is essential to help ensure...