Allotment insurance - call 01277 243 054
Down to earth cover for your allotment association
Shield Total Insurance offers affordable legal liability
and contents protection.
Choose the perfect level of cover for your requirements.
Allotment insurance from just £47.40 per annum!
Looking for low cost allotment insurance for your allotment association, allotment club or society, then call one of our expert advisors on 01277 243 054.
With the growing demand for council allotment plots, there is a corresponding desire to secure affordable allotment insurance cover. Our wide-ranging allotment insurance is designed to cater for the specific needs of allotment plot holders, providing public liability, trustee liability, employers’ liability, court awards, cups and trophies, buildings and equipment, abandoned events and loss of money – all from just £47.40 per annum!
We work closely with the leading, national representative body for the UK allotment community "The National Allotment Society" (the National Society of Allotment and Leisure Gardeners - NSALG). An organisation with over 125,000 members.
Simply select the elements you want and choose the level of policy cover that best suits your club’s individual requirements.To speak to one of our specialist team of allotment insurance experts, call 01277 243 054.
An allotment insurance policy for all seasons
Our allotment insurance is designed to cover:
1) The legal liabilities of:
a. the association
b. members of the association
c. trustees in their role of officials of the association
d. the association’s landlords
e. association employees
Legal liabilities can arise when your actions cause injury to someone else or loss or damage to their property. Click the following link to view recent examples of liabilty claims received by us.
Trustee insurance protects the individual liability of officials of your association should they be considered responsible for losses to the club or members when undertaking their duties as officers of the association.
2) Loss or damage to:
c. cups and trophies
3) Abandoned events
4) Loss of money
Policy benefits can include:
- Up to £10 million liability cover for liabilities of the club
- Up to £10 million liability cover for its members and its landlords in connection with activities of the club. (Members include: people officially registered as a permanent member of the club, invited judges, stewards and any other person who is acting in an official capacity for the club).
- Up to £10 million employers’ liability cover for any legal liability for death, injury or disease to employees (including volunteers and assistants)
- Up to £250,000 compensation if you are the victim of negligence and have been unable to re-coup your court award from the negligent person
- Trustee indemnity up to £100,000 for an act, error or omission committed by a trusted person arising solely from their duties on behalf of the club - performed on a “not-for-profit” basis
- Cover for the loss of or damage to cups and trophies
- £50,000 cover (or more on request) for loss or damage to buildings and equipment (including maintenance tools and self-propelled lawn mowers) that are owned, hired or used by the club
- Abandoned events cover for meetings, functions, events, training sessions or shows organised by the club, following the cancellation of an event due to circumstances beyond your control (- please refer to the policy wording for more details)
- Loss of money cover when taking money to the bank or when it is temporarily at the home of club officials
The allotment insurance specialist
Did you know that Shield is one of the UK’s biggest and most experienced providers of outdoor leisure related insurance. With premiums from just £47.40, it pays to choose Shield for all your allotment insurance needs.
For a free, no obligation, allotment liability insurance quote, please call 01277 243 054 or request a call back.
Related products and offers
We deal with a panel of reputable car insurers to offer you affordable cover. See how much you could save.
Touring caravan insurance
Stone me! Award-winning caravan insurance from only £48. Cover whatever the age, make or model.
Don't get hit for six! We offer fully comprehensive motorhome insurance from £16.50 per month*.
Latest Information2014 Caravan Security Device Survey
With around 600 caravans stolen in 2013 in the UK alone, it’s...
Making sure you have all the essential accessories will...
Our caravan tips section offers practical advice and useful...
Preparing your caravan for winter is essential to help ensure...
In our latest caravan advice video we explain why it is essential...
How do you check just how secure a caravan storage location...