Shield Total Insurance (formerly known as Shield Direct) was established in February 1997 to become one of the first specialist caravan insurance and motorhome insurance intermediaries in Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
In March 2005 we re-branded as Shield Total Insurance and our portfolio of products expanded from three to eight as we moved into providing caravan insurance online for the first time - thereby increasing our presence significantly in the caravan and mobile leisure vehicle insurance sector.
At Shield Total Insurance, we take a lighter, less 'grey' attitude to specialist insurance, both in our tone and presentation, treating customers with respect and courtesy in an informal but professional manner.
Our key objectives include:
- Our commitment to providing a wide variety of customers with a single, preferred source for all their outdoor leisure-related insurance requirements.
- Meeting customers needs by offering a range of flexible products designed to meet the demands and needs of the individual customer, at a competitive price and supported by friendly, knowledgeable and responsive customer service.
- To de-mystify the jargon and terminology so prevalent in insurance documentation today.
We are members of the Institute of Customer Service - an independent, professional membership body for customer service.
With our ever increasing outdoor-leisure insurance product range, we are now one of the fastest growing providers of static caravan insurance, residential park home insurance and leisure home insurance in the UK (including holiday lodge insurance and log cabin insurance).
More recently, we have added folding camper insurance, folding caravan insurance, trailer tent insurance and camping insurance (tent) to meet the increasing demand from customers who enjoy the great outdoor lifestyle.
Finally, in these economic times, we recognise the importance of providing a wide range of product cover options and delivering great value. With this in mind, our starting prices are amongst the cheapest leisure insurance premiums currently available today:
- 5-Star Defaqto Rated touring caravan insurance from £50
- Trailer tent insurance from £50
- Camping insurance from £15.50
- Static caravan insurance from £81
- Park home insurance from £81
- Motorhome Insurance from £203
Shield Total Insurance - the one-stop shop for all outdoor leisure insurance needs.
Your insurance, your way!
Bailey Caravans Buyer’s Guide
Now in its seventh decade, this stalwart of the UK caravan industry has plenty to offer caravanners - from entry level models through to true home-from-home luxury. So should your next caravan be a Bailey of Bristol model? We take a closer look...
Caravan covers buyer’s guide
From complete wraparound storage protection, through to handy products that shield vulnerable parts of your unit when pitched up or on the go, caravan covers come in various forms and have specific jobs to do.
Winter park home insulation tips
Come winter, a park home doesn’t have to leave you out in the cold. From basic draught proofing through to specialist insulation options, there are a number of steps you can take to maximise comfort and minimise your fuel spend.