Shield Total Insurance (formerly known as Shield Direct) was established in February 1997 to become one of the first specialist caravan insurance and motorhome insurance intermediaries in Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
In March 2005 we re-branded as Shield Total Insurance and our portfolio of products expanded from three to eight as we moved into providing caravan insurance online for the first time - thereby increasing our presence significantly in the caravan and mobile leisure vehicle insurance sector.
At Shield Total Insurance, we take a lighter, less 'grey' attitude to specialist insurance, both in our tone and presentation, treating customers with respect and courtesy in an informal but professional manner.
Our key objectives include:
- Our commitment to providing a wide variety of customers with a single, preferred source for all their outdoor leisure-related insurance requirements.
- Meeting customers needs by offering a range of flexible products designed to meet the demands and needs of the individual customer, at a competitive price and supported by friendly, knowledgeable and responsive customer service.
- To de-mystify the jargon and terminology so prevalent in insurance documentation today.
We are members of the Institute of Customer Service - an independent, professional membership body for customer service.
With our ever increasing outdoor-leisure insurance product range, we are now one of the fastest growing providers of static caravan insurance, residential park home insurance and leisure home insurance in the UK (including holiday lodge insurance and log cabin insurance).
More recently, we have added folding camper insurance, folding caravan insurance, trailer tent insurance and camping insurance (tent) to meet the increasing demand from customers who enjoy the great outdoor lifestyle.
Finally, in these economic times, we recognise the importance of providing a wide range of product cover options and delivering great value. With this in mind, our starting prices are amongst the cheapest leisure insurance premiums currently available today:
- 5-Star Defaqto Rated touring caravan insurance from £50
- Trailer tent insurance from £50
- Camping insurance from £15.50
- Static caravan insurance from £81
- Park home insurance from £81
- Motorhome Insurance from £203
Shield Total Insurance - the one-stop shop for all outdoor leisure insurance needs.
Your insurance, your way!
Top 10 luxury motorhomes: an insider’s guide
Whether it’s exquisite trim, an ultra-swish galley or state of the art entertainment system, we all have our own ideas on what comes top of the wish-list for a luxury motorhome. Here’s an insider’s guide on what luxury means in 2016…
A guide to the Motorhome & Caravan Show 2016
The Motorhome & Caravan Show 2016 will be the only place where you can see all of the new caravans, motorhomes, trailer tents and accessories for 2017, plus it’s also a great place to book and research all the adventures that you will be embarking on.
Pop top caravans: a buyer’s guide
Compact, streamlined caravans offer an easier towing experience. But when it comes to actually using your caravan, you want enough space to move around. These are competing priorities - and one way of hitting the right balance is through a pop top caravan