Shield Total Insurance (formally known as Shield Direct) was established in February 1997 to become one of the first specialist caravan insurance and motorhome insurance intermediaries in Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
In March 2005 we re-branded as Shield Total Insurance and our portfolio of products expanded from three to eight as we moved into providing caravan insurance online for the first time - thereby increasing our presence significantly in the caravan and mobile leisure vehicle insurance sector.
At Shield Total Insurance, we take a lighter, less 'grey' attitude to specialist insurance, both in our tone and presentation, treating customers with respect and courtesy in an informal but professional manner.
Our key objectives include:
- Our commitment to providing a wide variety of customers with a single, preferred source for all their outdoor leisure-related insurance requirements.
- Meeting customers needs by offering a range of flexible products designed to meet the demands and needs of the individual customer, at a competitive price and supported by friendly, knowledgeable and responsive customer service.
- To de-mystify the jargon and terminology so prevalent in insurance documentation today.
We are members of the Institute of Customer Service - an independent, professional membership body for customer service.
With our ever increasing outdoor-leisure insurance product range, we are now one of the fastest growing providers of static caravan insurance, residential park home insurance and leisure home insurance in the UK (including holiday lodge insurance and log cabin insurance).
More recently, we have added folding camper insurance, folding caravan insurance, trailer tent insurance and camping insurance (tent) to meet the increasing demand from customers who enjoy the great outdoor lifestyle.
Finally, in these economic times, we recognise the importance of providing a wide range of product cover options and delivering great value. With this in mind, our starting prices are amongst the cheapest leisure insurance premiums currently available today:
- 5-Star Defaqto rated touring caravan insurance rom just £48
- trailer tent insurance from just £48
- camping insurance from only £15
- static caravan insurance and residential park home insurance from only £77.55
- motorhome Insurance from just £183
Shield Total Insurance - the one-stop shop for all outdoor leisure insurance needs.
Your insurance, your way!
Southern Motorhome Show guide
One of the best loved shows in the motorhome and caravan calendar, the Southern Motorhome Show, will be back for 2016 at Newbury Showground from the 20th-22nd May.
A guide to Caravanning for the Disabled and Elderly
For those with impaired mobility, it's essential to make considered purchasing decisions, necessary alterations to your caravan and choose your site carefully to make your trip as easy as possible.
10 questions you should ask when buying a second hand caravan
Buying a secondhand caravan can be a smart way of making your budget stretch further - and of taking less of a hit on depreciation. But as with any big purchase, it’s important to go into the buying process with eyes wide open.